Multi-port valve plays a very important part in any Sand filter. It is a rotary valve with many different set positions. each position has specific functions as explained below.
1. FILTER: To filter the water in the Pool.
2. RINSE: This setting is normally used for 20 seconds after backwashing to rinse tank.
3. RECIRCULATE: This setting is used if the filter is broken, at least you can circulate the water.
4. BACKWASH: This setting to reverse the flow in the filter and send water out of the waste line. Make sure valves are
open and backwash hose rolled out or the drain valve set to open.
5. CLOSED: This is to close off flow from the pool, Which is usually used while doing maintenance on the equipment.
Caution: Do not operate Pump with the valve in closed position.
6. WASTE/ DRAIN: This is a filter bypass setting, which sends the water out of the waste pipe (hose), instead of returning
it to the pool. Which is used to vacuum to waste or to lower water level inside the pool.